New York Merchants Protective Company features Burglar, Fire, CCTV, Access Control and 24/7 monitoring of commercial and residential security systems from its Nationwide Monitoring Center.
We are looking for hard-working, enthusiastic individuals to become part of our team. We offer a variety of rewarding and challenging career opportunities with competitive salaries, an inspiring work environment, great benefits and professional development opportunities.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for Installation Technicians.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install New York Merchants Protective Co., authorized equipment in customer homes and businesses in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Designs layout of the system utilizing thorough knowledge of the equipment and its capabilities.
- Assists in the promotion and sale of extra equipment.
- Coordinates with our Monitoring Center personnel by telephone to adequately test the completed system and initiate the account in the customer database.
- Provides a thorough explanation of the system capabilities and system operation to the customer.
- Accurately completes all necessary paperwork, including work orders, service orders, time logs and emergency information schedules.
- Maintains inventory control of assigned equipment to ensure adequate stock levels. Participates in formal inventory on a monthly basis.
- Maintains control of all assigned Company property and ensures that equipment is maintained in safe operating condition at all times.
- Safely operates assigned Company vehicle and ensures that it is maintained according to manufacturer's specifications.
- Exhibits appearance and conduct in accordance with established Company standards to present a professional image to the customer and the general public. Maintains the highest standards of decency, honesty and integrity as a guest in a customer's home or business.
- Provides training when required, for assigned Installation Technicians in all of the above duties.
- When on call, ensures availability by telephone or pager contact at all times for service calls.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Degree or equivalent
- 3years alarm installation experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible style (“do whatever it takes” approach)
- Strong communication skills
- Aptitude for problem solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach)
- Valid drivers license with clean driving record
- Ability to work a full time, flexible schedule
- Ambitious results-oriented individual with entrepreneurial drive.
We offer great benefits to full time employees!
- Medical Insurance
- Rx drug coverage
- Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Disability (Aflac)
- Reimbursement Accounts
- 401(k) with company match
- Section 125 Plan
- Flexible Savings Plan for Medical and Child Care
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Vacation
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
- Casual Dress Environment
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug screening Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States All Interested applicants should submit the current resume, complete contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org